Saturday, January 03, 2009

With the new year, 2008 is, hopefully, well and truly behind me. I do indeed still have regular appointments with the oncologist - and with the surgeon - but I have to let last year be what it was and attempt to accept it and live my life again. To paraphrase Gillian Rose, my life was, of course, never in abeyance but I was barely living it beforehand either so, this year, I must begin to recapture the self that I have somehow lost along the way over the years. And a good start for me is to resume my reading - and, possibly, writing. I am not a good writer - I have never tried - I have only written in the academic style - but irrespective of whether or not I can write I intend to try. I will start by completing the posts that I began several years ago but have not yet posted. I just need to be more disciplined.

No comments: